This is a story about a major renovation of my family's own dream home. Follow me in my search for the perfect home sourcing finishes and fixtures, altering floorplans and dealing with trades people. Fingers crossed it's going to be fun!


Friday 12 April 2013

Lady Business

Waiting waiting waiting...

I'm twiddling my thumbs needing something to do. All the plans I'm 100% happy with so now comes the time to get waaay ahead of myself and I start to not just find inspirational images for our rooms, but begin to collect and collate all the little quirky, whimsical details I love.


Yesterday I was roaming the net on www.scouthouse.com.au . I can't tell you how much I could spend in there. A seriously awesome shop. I came across this:


and I thought to myself, wouldn't that be cute with a woman's silhouette also stuck on the powder room door? You know, when you're giving long winded directions to the loo and you need a daggy toilet sign? Reminds me of Grandma's house (Sorry Grandma). Turns out Scout House has, or had, the lady too. But this silhouette thing is a bit of a trend now. And I'm not sure I want that. They also still look a tad too toilety. Like they could be at a bar or restaurant. So with this in mind I continued on my search and found these small vintage china plates on Etsy...



Purchase promptly made. Aren't they sweet? They look kind of bashful with their eyes up like that. Sort of a "Forgive me, I have to do some lady business.." She'll be waiting for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...